Sunday 7 October 2012

Pumpkins - FSC - Shades of Autumn

Well I have two posts for you today. This is the first for Fashionable Stamping Challenges, the other later this morning is an altered item for PanPastel UK.

I haven't played with my FSC sisters for quite a while, but feel that I can commit time to this amazingly creative team again now that the evenings are drawing in (so I can't get out in the garden) and I am not looking after any grandchildren either, the youngest is now in school full time.




I loved playing with this pumpkin stamp from Paper Artsy (one of the new sets I picked up at Ally Pally).

The pumpkins have been embossed with mustard seed, dried marigold and aged mahogany distress embossing powders and then I played with the new Graph'it markers and a white zig pen to fill the spaces and blend the colours into the embossing powder.


I used the bookcover 2 embossing folder, copper paint dabber and various shades of DIs. When I blended the DIs across to the image although I started light in the middle and got darker to the outside, I lost the definition of the pumpkins. To restore it I used my TH water brush and took out some of the colour which created that lovely mottled look and then ........... used my prisma colours over the embossing powder to give me more light and dark and therefore depth.

 I think this looks like a painting now.


What do you think?


(My daughter thought they looked more like apples so I have tried to put more shape into them).



This is one of those cards that came together so easily and didn't take as much pondering over as some of the other projects I do.

I hope we will see you for this challenge - don't forget this is a stamping challenge and digis for the main focus are not accepted, so lets see your inky designs. Pop over to Fashionable Stamping Challenges to see the rules and the challenge post.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing this with me. If you leave me a comment, I thank you sincerely for taking the time and for giving me some feedback.

Have a great Sunday.

hugs {brenda} xox

Challenges to have fun with -
Sugar Creek Hollow - Give thanks for autumn
Try It On Tuesday - Lots of Layers


PS - Don't forget my PanPastel piece will be next up a little later today.

Photobucket

26 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love your pumpkins Brenda and the embossed background showcases them beautifully. Love the lace too. Lovely autumnal creation. Tracy x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Brenda...so glad you are back! You were missed...but in a good way. I love it when a card just comes together effortlessly, is shows on this because everything looks so natural. The "pumpkins" look awesome lol
Dot x

Gram's Treasures said...

Lovely card Brenda, with a somewhat vintage feel. Nice effect with the embossing.
Joyce xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Ooooch, what a delicious card hun. Love the pumpkins and the colours and textures are so yummy - woooow! xx

artwolf2009 said...

the pumkins are really fantastic

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design ! Love this ! The layers and image are so beautiful. Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

Karin said...

wow this is beautiful!

Esther said...

Wow - I just love this, those pumpkins are just amazing ! love how you've used the different colours of embossing powders and your colouring is stunning...Just gorgeous, Esther xx

Mrs.B said...

Brenda these pumpkins look amazing, and I agree, just like an old painting, great to read how you achieved the end result.
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

Just me again, forgot to say - Thanks for joining us at TioT with this beautiful card.
Avril xx

Words and Pictures said...

Simply gorgeous - your pumpkins are amazing, so full of texture and yes, just like a painting. I also love your distressed paper layers - utterly beautiful!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

This sums up Autumn, the colours and imagery, stunning Brenda.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. So glad you have more creative time at the moment.

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is fabulous .. i love those pumpkins
Lisa x

Ephemera said...

How gorgeous is your beautiful pumpkin scene. The embossing folder has framed the image beautifully. xx

catherine said...

Just love this one Brenda. the colours are so beautiful and the layout is great
x catherine

Von said...

Haveing a catch up here Brenda just have to say how fabulous your pumpkins look :)
Von ♥

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Brenda, love the pumpkin image and the colours are gorgeous. Sue C x

Meggymay said...

Fantastic colouring, those pumpkins look real to me and the layering is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne x

Fliss said...

A stunner Brenda and the pumpkins look amazing - thanks for saying they're Paper Artsy as I was wondering.
Great embossed frame too and love the colours you've chosen.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Marjie Kemper said...

What a stunning card, Brenda... the coloring is amazing! I love all the layering and keep thinking back to the composition how-to you shared on UPA... it's so interesting to think of your process as you worked with all these different textures/sizes. I love it!

nefertiti said...

Wow!!fabulous pumpkins!!!!!!I love this card!!bizz

Terry said...

Brenda, those pumpkins are absolutely exquisite! Honestly, they look as if they were painted! The embossed folder is a perfect place for the pumpkins to rest. Big Autumn Hugs!

Cec said...

This is stunning. The treatment of the pumpkins make them look textured and then the embossing caps it off. Love all the distressed papers and the twine added to make this a wonderful treat to look at. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Heather said...

I love how the pumpkins look! Great embossing, layers and love all the distressing! Beautiful!
Hugs
Thank you for playing at Sugar Creek Hollow!
Heather

craftytrog said...

Beautiful card Brenda, & those pumpkins look amazing! It definitely looks like an old still life painting, just like the ones my Grandad used to paint. Whenever I smell linseed oil, I think of him still.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Alison xx

Payne Holler Cards said...

Truly a vintage stunner! So love your style...glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
Linda SCH DT